Reported Errors in 1st and 2nd Printing of
(Last modified 10 September 1997)
The following are errors that were reported in the first and second printings
of the book, but were fixed in the 3rd printing. You can find what printing
produced your book by the first small number at the bottom of page iv
(the page that faces the preface).
- Page 34, next to last line
- recipies should be recipes
- Page 68, 2nd paragraph
- Java as a programming languages should be
- page 132
First row, are be applicable should be are applicable
Next to last paragraph, billards should be billiards, also
in the Chapter 6 should be in Chapter 6
- Page 169
Recall from Chapter 8, should be Chapter 7.
- Page 170
expecte should be expect
- Page 184
- Example at top of page, variable phil should be phyl.
- Page 227, code
- Extra parenthesis in code example after (aShape))
- Page 228, bottom of page
- ``instanceOf Shape'' should be ``instanceof Triangle'' (2 errors)
- Figure 13.7 (page 242)
voidf near bottom needs space, as void f
- Page 308, 8 lines from bottom
``important module'' should be ``important for module''
- Page 313, 2nd paragraph.
- ``inherits publicly'' should be ``inherits privately''
- Page 313, 2nd paragrpah
Publicly should be privately
- Page 314, Name Spaces paragraph
poliferation -> proliferation
- Page 322, 11 lines from bottom
- allowed differ -> allowed to differ
- Page 327, 2nd paragraph.
intermediately should be intermediary
- Page 329, line 5
repeition should be repetition
- Page 333, 5 lines from bottom
- principle -> principal
- Page 336,
- There are seven (there are only six).
- Page 352, near bottom
- wishs => wishes
- Page 418
composition should come before constructor.
- Page 428, slicing
- An ``an'' should be an ``a''
- Errors in the Errata List
Several meta-errata (errors in previous versions of the
errata list) were reported by Tom Verhoeff.
Many thanks to the following, who noticed one or more of
errors reported above.
- Mohammad H. Al-Huwaidi, CogniSeis Development Inc.
- Francisco Azuola,
Universidad de Costa Rica
(University of Costa Rica).
- Gerald Cahill, Antelope Valley College, Lancaster CA
- Craig Hondo, IMS corporation
- Kjell Post, Senior Lecturer, Department of Computer Engineering,
(Mälardalen University), Sweden.
- Gordon Royle,
University of Western Australia
- Russ Ruby, Computer Science,
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- Jeff Slomka,
Southwest Texas State University
- Patrick Thompson, Rogue Wave, Corvallis, Oregon
- Constantin Vasiliu, Tektronix, Beaverton Oregon
- Tom Verhoeff,
Department of Math and Computing Science,
Eindhoven University of Technology,
Report all errors to me at email@example.com
Tim Budd, Associate Professor of Computer Science
Oregon State University
Corvallis, Oregon 97330