CS461/462: Senior Software Engineering Project
No class thursday 1/22
- Team bi-weekly meetings will begin tues 1/27 - see schedule below
- To utilize a software engineering methodology in a team
environment in a real-world application with an external customer.
- To be involved in all the phases of software development,
including project planning, requirements analysis, design, coding,
testing, configuration management, quality assurance, documentation,
- To complete a project in a two-term sequence.
Faculty: Bruce D'Ambrosio, 107 Dearborn, 737 5563, email@example.com
TA: Steve Kollmansberger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Information: 4 Units. TTh 11:00 - 12:20 ECE 103.
Weekly meeting schedule
Group meetings will be scheduled from 11:00A through 11:45A.
The remaining portion of class will be used, as needed,
for groups presenting documents.
- 11:00A - Group 1 meets, group 3 observes
- 11:15A - Group 2 meets, group 1 observes
- 11:30A - Group 3 meets, group 2 observes
- 11:00A - Group 4 meets, group 6 observes
- 11:15A - Group 5 meets, group 4 observes
- 11:30A - Group 6 meets, group 5 observes
- 11:00A - Group 7 meets, group 8 observes
- 11:15A - Group 8 meets, group 7 observes
- 11:00A - Group 9 meets, group 11 observes
- 11:15A - Group 10 meets, group 9 observes
- 11:30A - Group 11 meets, group 10 observes
- Project Selection: List of Available Projects
- Requirements Analysis and Risk Assessment - what does the sponsor want, how badly and it what ways could the project go wrong?
- Plan - How will the project team go about meeting the
requirements? What are the milestones, deliverables, and tasks in
- Design - What will the project actually do, How will the project
do it and how will the team build it?
- Review(s) - How will we know if we are on course?
- Testing - How will we know if the implementation satisfies the
- Documentation - How will the sponsor and support staff know how to
use and maintain the product?
- Final Report - What did we do, what went right and wrong?
Each of the above will require in class presentations, which will be
peer reviewed, and a written report. Grading will be on class
participation plus written report materials.
- Team resources:
- Requirements (ppt) (
- Requirements Evaluation Guidelines(txt)
- Project Management(ppt) (
- Project Plan Evaluation Guidelines(here)
- Weekly Project Review: Each week each team must schedule a weekly
project review meeting. Weekly project status form must be submitted
the evening before the scheduled meeting. Sample weekly report
- Document Samples: Samples of all class required documentation are in this directory.
- Code review resources:
- Fresco code review guidelines here
- Code Walkthrough check items here
- Software Reviews and Inspections here
- NASA software review guidelines here
- Grading Guidelines:
- Overall Grading Policy(here)
- CS462 (Spring) Grading Policy(here)
- Requirements Evaluation Guidelines(here)
- Plan Evaluation Guidelines(here)
- Design Evaluation Guidelines(here)
Bruce D'Ambrosio, email@example.com