Re: parallelization of potential operations

Rina Dechter (dechter@ramat-aviv.ics.uci.edu)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:12:35 -0800

Hi again,

In databases, processing large tables is a central
issue, and indeed
there is a considerable work on partitioning table operations
between processors. The ideas of conditioning the data is applicable
and was carried out.
Pointers to some of this work can start with:

"Evaluating Production systems in a multiprocessor
environment" By Cohen and Dechter. Appears in
"Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision, Feldman and Brucksten
(Ed.), Elsevier Science Publishers, 1991.

The paper is not available online but I will be happy
to send a copy.

-----Rina.