[UAI] Research Position in Intel Labs

From: Bradski, Gary (gary.bradski@intel.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 09:27:13 PST

    Position Offered:
    =================
    Intel Labs
    Full time researcher. Santa Clara, CA.

    Primary area: Graphical models applied to Intel's manufacturing processes.
    We have access to manufacturing data, experiments and domain expertise not
    available elsewhere and so we want to develop this area as a major niche for
    our lab in the field. At the same time, this position offers the chance to
    have a major effect by improving manufacturing efficiencies on a major
    corporation and so the opportunities for visibility are high.

    At the same time we hope to contribute towards the field, especially in such
    areas as learning structure, modeling dynamics, active learning and utility
    theory. External publications and patents will be an ongoing part of the
    job.

    Necessary: Ph.D. with expertise in Graphical Models. Coding experience
    (preferably C/C++ & Matlab).
    Nice: Experience with of hardware systems, control theory,
    manufacturing specific knowledge, C, C++, Matlab, R. Dependency nets, Petri
    nets, Bayesian Nets, dynamic Bayesian Nets, pattern recognition in general.

    Basically, we need someone with the theory first, but who can also figure
    out how to hack together a database query, or instrument a machine with a
    sensor array if needed -- someone who is "hands on" capable to do what's
    needed to lead things along.

    Background details:
    ===================
    Our aim is to speed process development, increase the speed and accuracy of
    yield fault diagnosis, control processes and predict outcomes using a
    probabilistic graphical model approach. In the near future this will
    include Excursion Protection (models that prevent things from going wrong),
    Advanced Process Control (models that feed back corrections as the process
    is underway and feed forward information to correct what went wrong when
    possible), using active learning and utility for deciding what, where and
    when to make measurements.

    You will work in a group doing ongoing research in computer vision, computer
    graphics and robotics. For some of our group output see the Open Source
    Computer Vision Library we put out:
    http://www.intel.com/research/mrl/research/opencv/
    And see our efforts in Light Field Graphics (a SIGGRAPH 2002 paper)
    http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20010814tech.htm

    We are currently developing an open, scaleable, optimized graphical model's
    toolkit in our Russian lab
    We have ongoing Audio-visual speech recognition projects in our Beijing lab.

    There have been and will be ongoing opportunities to interact with
    researchers on these projects if that is your interest.

    Other:
    ======
    Most of the manufacturing experiments will be conducted in a fab connected
    to our building so extensive travel will not be needed. Occasional travel
    (few times/year) to other sites may occur plus we will attend conferences
    and workshops as the research dictates.

    We fund University research and interacting with a University research
    group is likely. Relocation, competitive compensation, yearly bonus,
    stock options, medical, dental, funded 401 etc.

    Contact:
    ////////////////////////////////
    Gary R. Bradski Ph.D.
    Mgr. Vision, Graphics and Graphical Models Group
    Intel Labs
    Intel Corporation
    SC12-303
    2200 Mission College Blvd.