[UAI] JOB: Honda Fundamental Research Labs, Mountain View, CA

From: rgupta@honda.hra.com
Date: Sat May 18 2002 - 11:31:44 PDT

    Full time position in AI/Machine Learning at Honda Fundamental Research
    Labs

    Honda R&D invites applications for a full time research position in
    AI/Machine Learning at its Fundamental Research Lab, located in Silicon
    Valley (Mountain View, California).

    Research projects generally involve artificial intelligence, computer
    vision
    and digital human simulation techniques. Our lab is actively working on
    projects in robot intelligence, scene understanding, face recognition and
    tracking, ubiquitous sensing, biomechanics, anatomically-based modeling
    and human motion simulation. Our projects have strong research components,
    as well as provide opportunities to work with state-of-the-art technology
    like the Honda humanoid robot. Robot intelligence project involves
    autonomous
    understanding and reasoning about the environment using vision and other
    sensors. Other projects include intelligent cars and assistive devices for
    humans.

    Qualified applicants should have a M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science or
    related
    field with research experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
    and one or more of the following areas:
               Reasoning Methods
               Knowledge Representation
               Scene Understanding
               Computer Vision

    Honda R&D offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a
    dynamic work environment with career growth potential. Our laboratory is
    conveniently located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, within walking

    distance to a diverse choice of international restaurants, bookstores and
    cafes.

    Questions and applications consisting of a resume or CV should be sent to
               Rakesh Gupta
               Honda Fundamental Research Laboratories
               800 California Street, Suite 300
               Mountain View, CA 94041