I am Mandana Hamidi Haines, a Ph.D. candidate at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the Oregon State University, and working under the supervision of Prof. Prasad Tadepalli and Prof Alan Fern. My research interests are: machine learning, multi-label learning, active learning, imitation learning, reinforcment learning and learning hierarchical polices.
17. Mandana Hamidi, Prasad Tadepalli, Robby Goetschalckx, Alan Fern, “Active Learning of Hierarchical Policies”, 24th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-15), Buenos Aires, Argentina / 25 July-31 2015. (accepted) [paper]
16. Mandana Hamidi, Prasad Tadepalli, Robby Goetschalckx, Alan Fern, “Active Learning of Hierarchical Policies from State-Action Trajectories”,Workshop on Trajectory-based Behaviour Analytics at 29th AAAI conference of Artificial Intelligence, January 2015. [paper]
15. Madnana Hamidi, Amir Fijany, Jean-Guy Fontaine, "Enhancing inference in Relational Reinforcement Learning via Truth Maintenance System", International conference on Machine Learning and application. ICMLA 2010, pp. 407-415, Washington D.C, USA, December 12-14, 2010. [paper]
14. Mandana Hamidi, Mohammad Reza Meybodi, "New Learning Automata based Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithms", Proceedings of the Second Iranian Data Mining Conference, Amirkabir University of Technology, IDMC, Tehran, Iran, Nov.11-12, 2008. [paper]
13. Mandana Hamidi, Mohammad Reza Meybodi, "Improving Particle Swarm Optimization using Open Cellular Learning Automata", Proceedings of the second Joint Congress on Fuzzy and Intelligent Systems, Malek Ashtar University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 28-30 October, 2008. [paper]
12. Mandana Hamidi, Mohamad Reza Meybodi, "A Fuzzy Classifier based on Cellular Learning Automata", 13th International CSI Computer Conference, CSICC2008, Sharif University, Iran. 2008. [paper ] [abstract]
11. Mandana Hamidi, Mohammad Reza Meybodi, "Open Cellular Learning Automata based Particle Swarm Optimization", Second Joint Congress on Fuzzy and Intelligent Systems, October 30-28, 2008. [paper]
10. Mandana Hamidi, Mohammad Reza Meybodi, "Learning Automata based Particle Swarm Optimization", Second International Conference on Data Mining, 2008. Tehran, Iran. [paper]
9. Mandana Hamidi, Mohamad Reza Meybodi, "A Fuzzy Classifier based on Learning Automata", 3th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Technology, Ferdowsi Univ. of Mashhad, Iran, Nov. 27-29, 2007. [paper] [ abstract]
8. Mandana Hamidi, Ali Borji, Fariborz Mahmoudi, "Human Vision Inspired Optical Character Recognition" , The Second Workshop on Computational Approaches to Arabic Script-based Languages (ASL), Linguistic Institute Stanford University, USA, July 21-22, 2007. [paper]
7. Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi, Fariborz Mahmoudi, "Language Independent Handwritten Digit Recognition Motivated by Visual System", IEEE SMC UK&RI 6th Conference on Cybernetic Systems 2007 pp 29-34. University College Dublin Republic of Ireland, September 6-7, 2007. [paper]
6. Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi and Masoud Eftekhari Moghadam, "CLPSO-based Fuzzy Color image Segmentation", 26th IEEE Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society (NAFIPS’07). San Diego, California, USA, June 24-27, 2007. [paper]
5. Mandana Hamidi, Ali Borji and Saeed Shiry Ghidary, "Persian Word Sense Disambiguation", Proceeding of 15th Iranian Conference of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (ICEE 2007), Tehran, Iran, 17 May 2007. [paper]
4. Mandana Hamidi, Azarakhsh Hamidi, Amir Masoud Eftekhari Moghadam, Mohammad Reza Meybodi, "Soccer Field Image Colour Segmentation using PSO-based Fuzzy", The Fourth International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Robotics and Autonomous Systems Massey University, CIRAS07, Palmerston North, New Zealand, 28-30 November, 2007. [paper]
3. Mandana Hamidi, Saeed Nikmanesh, "Color Image Segmentation in middle size Robot with Neuro-Fuzzy", 15th Iranian Conference of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (ICEE 2007), Tehran, Iran, Tehran, 17 May 2007. [paper]
2. Mahboubeh Yaghubi, Sara Motamed, Mandana Hamidi, Fariborz Mahmoudi, "Palm Print Recognition Using HMAX model" first International conference on Data mining 2007 (ICDM07). [paper]
1. Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi, "Support Vector Machines for Persian Font recognition", International Conference on Computer, Electrical, Systems Science, and Engineering (CESSE 2007), July 27-29, 2007, Prague, Czech Republic.[paper]
5- Mandana Hamidi, Ali Borji, “ Invariance Analysis of Modified C2 Features: Case study Handwritten Digit Recognition”, Machine Vision and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 6. , pp. 969-979, October 2010. [paper]
4- Ali Borji, Majid Nili Ahmadabadi, Babak Nadjar Araabi, Mandana Hamidi, ”Online Learning of Task-driven Object-based Yisual Attention Control”, Image and Vision Computing,, vol. 28, pp. 1130-1145, July 2010. [paper]
3- Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi, "A New Approach to Global Optimization Motivated by Parliamentary Political Competitions", International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 1643- 1653, 2009. [paper]
2- Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi, Fariborz Mahmoodi "Robust Handwritten Character Recognition with Features Inspired by Visual Ventral Stream", Neural Processing Letters, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 97- 111, 2008.[paper]
1- Ali Borji, Mandana Hamidi, "Optical Character Recognition Motivated by Primate Visual System", Neural Network World. vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 433-445, 2007.[paper]
I worked at Shegerd Electronic Co. as a project manager, system designer, and also software developer from Fall 1998 to Spring 2002. I had this opportunity to develop different applications in this company, such as a product for recording telephone and wireless conversations.
I was a sofware developer at Pasargad Bastan Co. from Spring 2002 to Fall 2002, and I had this oportonity to develop a part of a software package on that company, using Visual Studio .Net and SQL Server.
I was a software developer at Advanced Information and Communication Technology Center and Pasna Co. from Fall 2005 to Fall 2007. I developed some website applications in Java and Oracle.
I was an instructor at Rahiyane Zahra High School, Shiraz, Iran, from Fall 1997 to Spring 1998. I teached the introduction to programming and algorithm desing at that high school.
I was a faculty member at Computer Science Department of Zarghan Azad University, Zarghan, Iran, from September 2006 to December 2008. I had this opportunity to teach many courses such as database design, operating systems, system analysis and design, software engineering, programming language in Java/C++, and data structure.
I was a teaching assistant for CS 261 (Data Structure), from January to July 2013, at Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Department Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA.
I was a research assistant at Mechatronics Research Lab of Qazvin Azad University, Qazvin, Iran, from July 2006 to December 2006.
I was a research assistnat at Robotics, Brain and Cognitive Sciences Lab at Italian Institute of Technology, Genova, Italy , from January 2009 to December 2010.
I am a research assistnat at Machine Learning Lab 2048, EECS Department, Oregon State University, from 2011 till present.
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Oregon State University