- Davidson, AF, Benson, JD, Higgins, AZ. Mathematically optimized cryoprotectant equilibration procedures for cryopreservation of human oocytes. Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling, 11:13, 2014.
- Zhurova, M, Lusianti, RE, Higgins, AZ, Acker, JP. Osmotic tolerance limits of red blood cells from umbilical cord blood. Cryobiology, 69(1): 48-54, 2014.
- Vian, AM, Higgins, AZ. Membrane permeability of the human granulocyte to water, dimethyl sulfoxide, glycerol propylene glycol and ethylene glycol. Cryobiology, 68(1), 35-42, 2014.
- Karlsson, JOM, Szurek, EA, Higgins, AZ, Lee, SR, Eroglu, A. Optimization of cryoprotectant loading into murine and human oocytes. Cryobiology, 68(1), 18-28, 2014.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM. Effect of intercellular junction protein expression on intracellular ice formation in mouse insulinoma cells. Biophysical Journal, 105(9): 2006-2015, 2013. Featured on journal cover and highlighted in journal’s “New and Notable” section.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM. Effect of intercellular junction protein expression on water transport during freezing of MIN6 cells. Cryobiology, 67(2): 248-250, 2013.
- Lusianti, RE, Benson, JD, Acker, JP, Higgins, AZ. Rapid removal of glycerol from frozen thawed red blood cells. Biotechnology Progress, 29(3): 609-620, 2013.
- Davidson, AF, Higgins, AZ. Detection of volume changes in calcein-stained cells using confocal microscopy. Journal of Fluorescence, 23(3): 393-398, 2013.
- McLean, M, Han, XY, Higgins, AZ. Spray drying for preservation of erythrocytes: effect of atomization on hemolysis. Biopreservation and Biobanking, 11(2): 122-123, 2013.
- Fry, AK, Higgins, AZ. Measurement of cryoprotectant permeability in adherent endothelial cells and applications to cryopreservation. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 5(3): 287-298, 2012.
- Benson, JD, Kearsley, AJ, Higgins, AZ. Mathematical optimization of procedures for cryoprotectant equilibration using a toxicity cost function. Cryobiology, 64: 144-151, 2012.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM. Comparison of cell membrane water permeability in monolayers and suspensions. Cryo-Letters, 33(2): 96-107, 2012.
- Higgins, AZ, Cullen DK, LaPlaca, MC, Karlsson, JOM. Cryopreservation of rat embryonic neural cells using dimethyl sulfoxide and a two-step freezing protocol. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 201: 9-16, 2011.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM. Analysis of solution exchange in flow chambers with applications to cell membrane permeability measurement. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 3(3): 269-285, 2010.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM. Curve fitting approach for measurement of cellular osmotic properties by the electrical sensing zone method. II. Membrane water permeability. Cryobiology, 60: 117-128, 2010.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM, Curve fitting approach for measurement of cellular osmotic properties by the electrical sensing zone method. I. Osmotically inactive volume. Cryobiology. 57: 223-233, 2008.
- Higgins, AZ, Karlsson, JOM, Coincidence Error During Measurement of Cellular Osmotic Properties by the Electrical Sensing Zone Method. Cryo-Letters. 29(6): 447-461, 2008.
- Bower, CK, Parker, JE, Higgins, AZ, Oest, ME, Wilson, JT, Valentine, BA, Bothwell, MK, McGuire, J. Protein antimicrobial barriers to bacterial adhesion: in vitro and in vivo evaluation of nisin-treated implantable materials. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 25: 81-90, 2002.
School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331