This web page is dedicated to resources related to laboratory safety. All undergraduate and graduate research students, research associates, and postdoctoral researchers must understand and follow the safety instructions and guidelines presented in the links that are provided in this page.
If a certain training is required as per the instructions below, you need to inform the PI that you have completed it. This includes the materials that you are supposed to read. We need to document who has received training and identify people who need training.
If any of the links below are broken, please inform your advisor immediately.
- OSU Environmental Health and Safety Department: EHS (General link)
- OSU EHS General Lab Safety rules: EHS Lab Safety Rules (Must be read before before starting work in the lab)
- OSU Chemical Hygiene Plan: CHP (Must be read before before starting work in the lab)
- OSU Lab Safety Training Website: EHS Training (General Link)
- OSU Lab Safety Training Videos: Videos (All modules must be completed before starting work in the lab)
- Hazard Communication: SDS and GHS (Global Harmonizing System): SDS Training (Must be completed before starting work in the lab)
- Hazardous Waste Training: Hazmat Waste (Must be completed before starting work in the lab)
- Hazardous Material Shipping Awareness Training: Hazmat Shipping (Must be completed before you can ship any hazardous materials)
- Fire Extinguisher Training: Fire Extinguisher
- Request Hazardous Waste Pickup: Request Waste Pickup (Inform your supervisor before requesting pickup)
- Chemical Inventory Entry: Chemical Inventory (Inform your supervisor before entering data)
- Safety Data Sheets: SDS (Online access - Download, read and keep all safety data sheets of chemicals you use in your research)