CS 457/557 -- Winter Quarter 2017
Shaders Final Project
Due: Wednesday, March 22, 23:59:59, no Bonus Days
A one-page project proposal is due to me by noon on Friday, February 24
This page was last updated: February 12, 2017
The goal of this assignment is to give you a chance to apply
all that you have learned to a project of your own choosing.
- It must involve shaders (RenderMan or GLSL)
- It must be worth 100 points
- It must be do-able in 2 weeks.
- It can be run as a script (prman, glman) or as a program (C, C++, OpenGL).
- It can be based on other work that you have seen, but must be your own implementation
- It must be adequately explained in your write-up and presentation
Before your project becomes "official", I need to approve a one-page paper proposal from you,
due by noon on Friday, February 24.
What you propose must be worth 100 points.
What you propose must be do-able in 2 weeks.
A late proposal is an automatic 10-point deduction.
Examples from Previous Years
I have most of the final project reports from previous years in my office.
Come see them if you'd like.
The Turn-In Process:
Your electronic turnin will be done at
and will consist of:
- Image files
- All source files (.c, .cpp, .rib, .sl, .glib, .vert, .frag, .geom)
- Your PDF report.
Electronic submissions are due at 23:59:59 on Wednesday, March 22.
Bonus Days cannot be used on this project.
I've already made the due date as late as I can.
In addition, I also want a stapled paper copy of your report
for my collection.
Grayscale is OK, color is better.