CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

No Subject

sys. throughput
total tracks swept
avg. tracks swept per R/W req.
avg. turnaround time of I/O req

demo1	demo2	demo3	demo4 	demo5
6.2748	6.4482	6.4497	6.2995	5.1500
27454	34833	30872	32685	36208
11.5256	11.9332	11.0297	11.6774	12.4941

The differences in the runs from 2 to 5 are due to a combination of
factors including process I/O requirements, I/O seek time, and time spent
waiting in the ready queue. For example, the average number of tracks
swept for demo5 was the highest resulting in a higher turnaround than say
for demo3, which had the shortest average number of tracks swept and
consequently the shortest turnaround time.