CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: last_cpuburst

> initilized in cpu.c, like last_cpuburst, priority etc. And actually, the
> last_cpuburst is used for calculation in the project. Is this variable
> be assigned somewhere in OSP or we need to assign value to it?

OSP will assign the value for last_cpuburst.  So when you get into
insert_ready, pcb->last_cpuburst will tell you how long that process just
had on the CPU.

Keith D. Vertanen                         "To know is nothing at all;
Oregon State University	                   to imagine is everything."
vertanen@cs.orst.edu	                      -Anatole Thibault
www.cs.orst.edu/~vertanen