CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: CS511 Project 1

> I checked the simulation.run, and found following information:
>
> CLOCK> 300000#*** WARNING: SIMCORE>
> 		PCB 414 is ready and starving for at least 7000 time units.
> 		Possible cause:
> 			- Due to error in CPU module,
> 			  was not inserted into ready queue.

Before anybody else asks me this, ask yourself this:

Can SRTN cause a process to starve?

Keith D. Vertanen                         "To know is nothing at all;
Oregon State University	                   to imagine is everything."
vertanen@cs.orst.edu	                      -Anatole Thibault
www.cs.orst.edu/~vertanen