CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: project 2 - decaying average?

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Gregory Zwart wrote:

> For LFU, do we need to implement any sort of decaying average (as
> suggested in the book) or do we simply need to use the basic LFU
> algorithm?

Just take the page with the lowest number of references.  I'll be emailing
the whole class shortly with details about the second change part.

Keith D. Vertanen                         "To know is nothing at all;
Oregon State University	                   to imagine is everything."
vertanen@cs.orst.edu	                      -Anatole Thibault
www.cs.orst.edu/~vertanen