CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: second chance

> I am just about done with the project and I have not made any modifications
> or additions to the memory_init subroutine. The project description says I
> should. Is this statement accurate in the project description? If so can
> you give me a hint on the types of things I would add/modify in this sub.

You shouldn't need to add anything to memory_init.

If you decided to store your hit count in the hook instead of time_stamps,
then maybe you'd want to allocate memory in memory_init, but that is about
the only reason I can see for adding to memory_init.

Keith D. Vertanen                         "To know is nothing at all;
Oregon State University	                   to imagine is everything."
vertanen@cs.orst.edu	                      -Anatole Thibault
www.cs.orst.edu/~vertanen