CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: Several choices for MFU

> If our algorithm gives us several choices for MFU, or LFU, should we just
> accept the first one in the table, or the one that was placed there first?
> This is happening a lot with the MFU algorithm.

In the event of a tie, you can choose whichever frame you want.

Keith D. Vertanen                         "To know is nothing at all;
Oregon State University	                   to imagine is everything."
vertanen@cs.orst.edu	                      -Anatole Thibault
www.cs.orst.edu/~vertanen