CS411/511. Operating Systems

Maillist Archive, Spring 1999

Mail Index [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Proj #--what is iorb

On project 3, what exactly is the iorb parameter that deq_io recieves.
I've been assuming that this is a pointer to the iorb that has just
finished its task.  The coresponding iorb is then to be removed from the
device's queue.  However, I've discovered the the iorb parameter is
referencing an iorb which has never been dispatched with siodev.  And no,
I checked my enq_io to make sure it didn't start an inappropriate io task.
My queue is also being properly ordered.  So what is that iorb from!?
Thanks!

Will Goodwin