This website is always a work in progress, and we are open to suggestions for making it better. If you are interested in knowing more about our research group, please contact Travis Walker at email@example.com.
News and Updates
- 2017.06.12 Presentation: We will be giving three talks at The Society of Rheology 89th Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado.
- 2017.04.17 Publication: K.A. Marshall, A.M. Liedtke, A.H. Todt, T.W. Walker. Extensional Rheometry with a Handheld Mobile Device. Exp. Fluids. 58, 6 (2017).
- 2017.03.16 Defense: K.A. Marshall. Extensional Characterization of Weakly-Viscoelastic Fluids: Methods & Applications. M.S. thesis, Oregon State University (2017).
- 2017.03.16 Defense: A. Srivastava. Investigating the Effect of Tetrahydrofuran (THF) Plasticizer on the Crystallization and Solvent Seaming of PET/NPG Copolymer Films. M.S. thesis, Oregon State University (2017).
- 2017.01.24 Grant: NSF CBET PMP. PI: T.W. Walker. "CAREER: Engineering Designer Composite Materials -- Magnetically Controlling Filler Alignment of Oblate Spheroids in Novel Thermoset Metamaterials," $548,491. 2017.04.01-2022.03.31. [Link]
- 2016.12.09 Presentation: We will be giving one talk (1) at The Society of Rheology 88th Annual Meeting in Tampa, Florida.
- 2016.12.02 Publication: Sylman, J.L., U. Daalkhaijav, Y. Zhang, E.M. Gray, P.A. Farhang, T.T. Chu, J. Zilberman-Rudenko, C. Puy, E.I. Tucker, S.A. Smith, J.H. Morrissey, T.W. Walker, X.L. Nan, A. Gruber, O.J.T. McCarty. Differential roles for the coagulation factors XI and XII in regulating the physical biology of fibrin. Ann. Biomed. Eng. 1 (2016).
- 2016.09.12 Presentation: We will be giving two talks (1,2) at the 69th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics in Portland, Oregon.
- 2016.07.20 Presentation: Joanna Sylman of the McCarty Group (OHSU) will be presenting two talks on our collaborative work at the 2016 BMES Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 2016.07.13 Presentation: The 2016 AIChE Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California, will be a very busy conference for the group. On 2016.11.15, Kristin will give a talk (3), and Travis will give a talk (4) on Mingyang Tan's work. On 2016.11.16, Travis will also be chairing and co-chairing sessions in Area 1J Fluid Mechanics on Interfacial and Non-Linear Flows for topics on Instabilities and Structure and on Droplets and Emulsions
- 2016.06.03 Publication: Tan, M., H. Song, P. Dhagat, A. Jander, T.W. Walker. Theoretical study of alignment dynamics of magnetic oblate spheroids in roating magnetic fields. Phys. Fluids. 28, 062004 (2016).