[UAI] Call for Ehibits, KDD-2000

From: Dorian Pyle (dpyle@ksp.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:55:59 PST

    | |
    | KDD-2000 CALL FOR EXHIBITS |
    | |
    | KDD-2000: The ACM SIGKDD Sixth International Conference |
    | on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining |
    | |
    | August 20-23, 2000, Boston, MA, USA |
    | Exhibits Dates: August 21-22, 2000 |
    | http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigkdd/kdd2000/ |
    | |
    | Sponsored by: |
    | Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) - SIGKDD |
    | |
    | Co-sponsored by: |
    | AAAI, ACM SIGMOD, and ACM SIGART |
    | |
    | In cooperation with: |
    | Interface, ASA SCS (Stastical Computing Section) |
    | |

    The Sixth International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data
    Mining (KDD-2000) is the premiere event for the data mining community
    bringing together KDD professionals from all over world. KDD has
    enjoyed steadily growing rates of attendance, both from the academia
    and the industry. This year we are expecting 1000+ attendees. On
    average, 40 percent of the attendees have academic affiliations while
    60 percent are affiliated with the industry. The introduction of the
    industrial track last year proved enormously popular and boosted the
    participation from industry.
    For more information about the conference, please visit the URL
    listed above.

    The exhibits are a crucial part of KDD, as the field is driven by
    applications. Initially started as a half-day long display of research
    prototypes, the KDD exhibits quickly evolved into an industry event
    eagerly sought by the practitioners, researchers and the vendors in
    the field. The KDD-99 Exhibits were a great success. The strong
    participation of 32 Exhibitors (27 commercial, 5 research prototypes)
    attracted a lot of interest from the attendees.

    This year, we are continuing the flexible fee structure for the
    Exhibits which proved so popular last year. Exhibitors in need
    of larger exhibits space will be able to get it.
    Accordingly, a single, 6 foot table top will cost $500, double
    space for $750, triple space for $1,000, etc.

    As usual, in this space, exhibitors will be allowed to distribute
    product/service/company literature, display product/service
    demonstrations and set up signage. Exhibitors are responsible for
    bringing all hardware and software required for their demonstrations.

    Please e-mail a 200 word (maximum) description of your product(s) to:

                        dpyle@ksp.com

    along with your space requirement if you choose to participate.

    We welcome designated and undesignated donations to the conference.

    | Important Dates |

    The conference will be held in Boston between August 20-23, 2000.
    The exhibits area will be open during the following dates/hours:

         August 21: 12:00-6:00 PM
         August 22: 10:00-6:00 PM.

    Looking forward to see you in Boston this summer.

    Best wishes,

         Dorian.

    Dorian Pyle
    SIG-KDD Exhibits Chair