(no subject)

From: owner-uai@CS.ORST.EDU
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 15:32:30 PST

    I've obtained executable versions of a few BN learning algorithms
    directly from the authors for research testing use, but I have not
    been able to find any open source codes.

    As a class project, a group of George Mason students is currently
    re-implementing the Myers et al (UAI'99) evolutionary Markov Chain
    Monte Carlo code in Java. We plan to make the Java version publically
    available. The current code is written in MATLAB and takes a day to
    run a network of any size (say ALARM). It's also not the most user
    friendly software I've ever seen. :-) We don't give it out because
    we can't afford the time to answer the questions we know you're going
    to have.

    So check back with us in May!

    Kathy Laskey