[UAI] cfp of just one session in IECON2000

From: Yukio Osawa (osawa@gssm.otsuka.tsukuba.ac.jp)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 07:19:22 PDT

    Dear UAI Community,

    In IECON (IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control
    and Instrumentation) 2000 to be held in Nagoya, Japan, October 22-28, I am
    organizing a special session on finding future features from data.

    Finding future features means to find signs which have possibility to become
    chances or risks in future management of a company or future life of people.
    The difference from "prediction" is that future features may not really affect
    the future if people ignore the chances or avoid the risks. "The best way to
    predict the future is to invent the future" (Alan Kay) and future features
    serve as hints for inventing or surviving the future.

    Discovering good products or good customers as sales chances, social events
    as management chances or risks, novel words in the Web pages as signs of
    future demands of people, signs of near-future earthquakes, and many topics
    of data mining under uncertain environments are relevant to the session.

    The tight paper dead line is 4/21, by which no more than 6 pages of IEEE
    format is welcomed to be sent to me ***electronically*** . Because this is a
    session limited to a few speakers and the schedule is tight, I have to decide
    the speakers very quickly. Please kindly e-mail me your will to submit and a
    short paper abstract, before you send me the paper.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Yukio OHSAWA,
    Dr. Eng, Associate Professor in University of Tsukuba
    3-29-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0012 Japan
    Fax: +81-3-3942-6829
    e-mail: osawa@gssm.otsuka.tsukuba.ac.jp