RE: [UAI] Information about Hailfinder

From: Ward Edwards (wedwards@rcf-fs.usc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 12:58:50 PDT

    Dear Ann Nicholson:

    The nearest you will get to a publication reporting the Hailfinder work is:

    Edwards, W. Hailfinder: Tools for and experiences with Bayesian Normative
    Modeling.
    American Psychologist, 1998, 53, 416-428.

    There is another publication on the topic; it is well-supplied with errors
    and I do NOT recommend it. I mention it only for completeness. It is:

    Abramson, B., Brown, J., Murphy, A., & Winkler, R. L. Hailfinder: A
    Bayesian system for forecasting severe weather. International Journal of
    Forecasting, 1996, 12, 57-71.

    Cordially,
    Ward Edwards