Re: [UAI] Expected value & covariance of linguistic variable

From: David Wolpert (dhw@santafe.edu)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 15:14:29 PDT

    Hi Albena,

    I'm not sure what distinguishes a "linguistic variable", but if
    your interest is in hierarchical Bayesian calculations, David
    Wolf and I show how to do that for many functions of discrete
    variables in

    Wolpert, D.H., and Wolf, D.R., "Estimating Functions of Probability
    Distributions from a Finite Set of Samples", Physical Review E, 52, 1995.

    Best wishes,

    David Wolpert