[UAI] generate a random JPD along its p-map DAG

From: Xiangdong An (xdan@cis.uoguelph.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 05:39:56 PDT

    Hi Denver,

    Thanks for your reply.
    My intention is the first of your interpretation.

    So by that way, we can generate a random JPD along a perfect
    map DAG D. That is, if a JPD can be generated by generating
    a set of conditional probability distributions {P(Xi|II(Xi))}
    (II(Xi) are parents of Xi in a DAG D on an ordering X1,X2,...,Xn)
    such that II(Xi) is the minimum set of predecessors satisfying
    P(Xi|II(Xi))=P(Xi|X1,...,Xi-1), then the DAG D is a perfect map
    of the JPD. I think this saying is equivalent to your statement
    in (1).

    My question is, we know for a JPD, there is no guarantee that
    a DAG exists to be its perfect map. I want to know what properties
    make such generated JPD to have the DAG to be its perfect map?
    i.e. What makes the JPD read off the DAG special from a randomly
    given JPD which may not have a perfect map DAG?

    Xiangdong