Influence Diagram Package

Brent Boerlage (boerlage@cs.ubc.ca)
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:40:11 UTC-0700

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Nicandro Cruz Ramirez wrote:

> Could please somebody tell me where I can find a data generator
> software given the structure of a bayesian network?

Netica, which was described in a post yesterday,
is especially good at this task. It can use a junction tree
to generate data very fast no matter what findings are entered.

It can also represent the conditional probabilities using
equations, and sample precisely from the equations instead
of from a conditional probability table.

You can obtain a free version of Netica from: www.norsys.com
which will do data generation, but if you want
a version (also free), with the above mentioned capabilities
write me directly at the email address below.

Hope this helps, Brent

Brent Boerlage boerlage@norsys.com
Norsys Software Corp. www.norsys.com
604-734-1947