Re: [UAI] Number of Gaussians in a histogram

From: David L Dowe (dld@cs.monash.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 19:33:38 PST

       Dear Robin,

          Many would vary on how best to do this.

    The thoughts of many such people are given and/or linked to at
    http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~dld/mixture.modelling.page.html

    My own preference for how best to do this is described at
    http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~dld/Snob.html

    One little issue to add is that, since you have histograms, programs
    which take into account the measurement accuracy (such as Snob) should
    be given the width of the histogram(s) as the measurement accuracy.

    Regards. - David Dowe.