[UAI] SUMMER SCHOOL in DATA MINING and MACHINE LEARNING for PROFESSIONALS

From: Diane Stidle (diane@cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 09:26:29 PDT

    SUMMER SCHOOL in DATA MINING and MACHINE LEARNING for PROFESSIONALS
    JUNE 5-9, 2000

    Offered by the Center for Automated Learning and Discovery - Carnegie
    Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
    Our week long course on Data Mining and Machine Learning will start with a
    day-long comprehensive introduction to the fundamental ideas and algorithms
    in data mining and machine learning, followed by a day on strategies for
    handling massive datasets. The third day will feature hands-on labs with
    state-of-the-art software tools: in the morning we will cover techniques
    for causal discovery, and in the afternoon commercial data mining tools. On
    the fourth day we will move to multimedia: datamining applied to images and
    video, and on final day of the week we will move to today's frontier: the
    world wide web. Each day will conclude with an hour long "Advanced Topics"
    lecture. Finally, there will be group discussions / brainstorming sessions
    in which participants bring their own data problems to the table, a future
    trends faculty panel and scheduled one on one sessions with Carnegie Mellon
    faculty. For more information, please see our website.

    Registration deadline is May 30, 2000.

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cald/summerschool