RE: [UAI] id3

From: Mehmet Kayaalp (kayaalp@cbmi.upmc.edu)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:55:16 PDT

    Sara:

    > I am studing ID3 algorithm and analizing its
    > characteristics. Please I
    > would like to get papers about this subject.
    >
    > Please, tell me where I can find papers or
    > articles about it.

    Check the following references:

    Quinlan, R. (1986.) Induction of Decision Trees Machine
    Learning, 1, 1, 81-106.

    A good machine learning books (such as Mitchell, Tom M.
    Machine Learning. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1997) might be more
    helpful for a comparative evaluation.

    You can also find the following machine learning book
    online:
    Michie, Donald; Spiegelhalter, David J., and Taylor, Charles
    C. Machine Learning, Neural and Statistical Classification.
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Ellis Horwood; 1994.
    http://www.amsta.leeds.ac.uk/~charles/statlog/

    You may also want to check Ross Quinlan's home page:
    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~quinlan/

    Hope these pointers would help,

    mehmet kayaalp