[UAI] Bayes Nets tutorial

From: Alexander Dekhtyar (dekhtyar@cs.uky.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 15:34:36 PDT

     Dear Colleagues,

       I am putting together a reading list for a student whose research
       will deal, in part, with Bayesian Nets.

       I would like to be able to include a short/medium-size tutorial
       that would describe the basic concepts of Bayesian Nets. However,
       at this point, I cannot find any resource that would fit this profile.
       Current options I am aware of are either Judea Pearl's book or
       1-2 page "Background" sections of various papers. The only other
       alternative is Heckerman's "Learning with Bayes Nets" tutorial, which
       does not seem to be fitting, because we are not interested in
       learning Bayes Nets.

       I am wondering if you'd be able to point me at something in between.

     Thank you in advance.

    - --
    Alexander Dekhtyar (859) 257 3062 (phone)
    Assistant Professor (859) 323 1971 (fax)
    Department of Computer Science University of Kentucky
    dekhtyar@cs.uky.edu http://www.cs.uky.edu/~dekhtyar