[UAI] CFP: European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL'5)

From: Marco Wiering (marco@cs.uu.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 12:21:43 PDT

                        Call for Participation

    The Fifth European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL5'2001)

                        5 and 6 October 2001
                      Utrecht, the Netherlands

    The biennial European Workshop on Reinforcement Learning (EWRL) will
    take place in Utrecht, the Netherlands this year. The goal is to gather
    researchers interested in Reinforcement Learning and its applications.
    The invited talk will be presented by Prof. Leslie Kaelbling.

    We encourage the submission of a 2-page abstract, on any aspect of
    Reinforcement Learning including (but not restricted to):

      Theoretical aspects of reinforcement learning
      Function approximation in reinforcement learning
      Exploration in reinforcement learning
      Direct vs. Indirect reinforcement learning
      Multi-agent reinforcement learning
      Robotic reinforcement learning
      Novel algorithms for reinforcement learning
      Reinforcement learning for complex problem solving
      Reinforcement learning for dynamic replanning
      Reinforcement learning and game theory

    Important dates:

      Submission deadline : 10 August 2001
      Acceptance/rejection notification : 3 September 2001
      Submission of camera ready abstracts : 12 September 2001
      Presentations at EWRL : 5/6 October 2001

    For further information, we refer to the website:

      http://www.cs.uu.nl/~marco/EWRL5.html

    We look forward to seeing you at EWRL'2001 this year.

      Marco Wiering (marco@cs.uu.nl)
      Marco Dorigo (mdorigo@ulb.ac.be)