RE: [UAI] BBNs for GIS models

From: Robert P. Goldman (goldman@htc.honeywell.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 12:19:17 PDT

        KBL> There was a wonderful series of lecture notes called
        KBL> "Lectures in Pattern Theory" by Ulf Grenander, which I
        KBL> requested and received via US postal service way back in the
        KBL> late 80's. I still have it, and still look at it
        KBL> occasionally. I don't know whether it was ever published.

    I also have a copy of this. Yes, it is an excellent book. I don't
    know that it was ever published; it was a Brown University Department
    of Applied Mathematics technical report. This was before the web; I'm
    not sure how one would go about getting a copy now.

    As a further follow-up, it occurs to me that there's a fellow named
    Brad Carlin, a Bayesian statistician here at the University of Minnesota,
    who's done work with GIS and environmentally-carried carcinogens (I
    believe --- some air-borne health hazard, anyway).

    http://www.biostat.umn.edu/~brad/

    Hope these help.