Re: [UAI] JPD for a DAG such that DAG is p-map

From: Denver Dash (ddash@sis.pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 05:38:04 PDT

    Hi Xiangdong,

    I can think of at least two ways to interpret what you are trying to do,
    here is the answer for all three interpretations:

    (1) I want to generate a random JPD along with its perfect map D.
    To do this, it is sufficient to construct a random dag and randomly set the
    parameters so that no two columns in a given table are identical. The dag
    will be a perfect map to the JPD generated by the network.

    (2) Given a JPD I want to construct its perfect map D.
    As far as I know, the only way to do this is to query the JPD for
    independence relations along the lines of a constraint-based learning
    algorithm, for example the PC algorithm (given in the book "Causation,
    Prediction and Search", Spirtes, Glymour and Scheines), or Pearl and Verma's
    algorithm (http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/pearl91theory.html).

    Hope this helps,
    Denver.

    ----