[UAI] bayesian neural networks in well log analysis, geophysics or related topics?

From: Fidel Reyes Ramos (frramos@imp.mx)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 09:28:00 PDT

    Dear Collegues,

    I am interested in doing research about aplying neural networks for
    predicting geophysical
    parameteres in well logs or analysis of performance in oil reservoir.

    We work at Instituto Mexicano del Petroleo (http://www.imp.mx) and a
    topic of research here is about naturally fracturated reservoirs.
    Nowadays, I am programming a system of well logs analysis and as
    consequence of that, i would like to apply neural networks with
    bayesian approach to this or another related field. (See for example,
    McKay D., A practical bayesian framework for neural networks, Neural
    Computation 4 (3), 448-472, and the following addresses:
    http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cache/papers2/cs/58/http:zSzzSzwww.cs.toronto.
    eduzSz~mackayzSznetwork.pdf/probable-networks-and-plausible.pdf
    http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cache/papers2/cs/58/ftp:zSzzSzwol.ra.phy.cam.a
    c.ukzSzpubzSzwwwzSzmackayzSzcpi4.pdf/mackay95bayesian.pdf)

    Is there someone whose research field is applied in Petroleum
    Engineering, Well log analysys or Reservoir Performance?

    I would like to have some answers and I thank all of you for reading me.
    FIDEL REYES RAMOS.