(no subject)

From: owner-uai@cs.orst.edu
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:36:49 PDT

    (Apologies if you receive this more than once)
    Sender: owner-uai@maillist.cs.orst.edu

    Hello,

            Has anyone successfully built the RoboCup-2001 Rescue Simulation
    League kernel (v0.31, the 24 Jun 2001 competition environment) using
    gcc, under Red Hat Linux 6.x/7.x, Irix 6.5.x, or Solaris?

            One of our software engineering students is considering a term
    project on RoboCup Rescue and has requested help from both student
    systems administrators and developers. Below is a brief report of
    difficulties they have encountered in compiling the kernel.

            Here are the relevant URLs:
            - Competition home page:
              http://www.r.cs.kobe-u.ac.jp/robocup-rescue/
            - Documentation and sources:
              http://robomec.cs.kobe-u.ac.jp/robocup-rescue/documents.html
            - Simulators home page (we downloaded the 0.31 kernel from
    here):
              http://ne.cs.uec.ac.jp/~koto/rescue/

            If you have any experience with this software package, I would
    appreciate it if you could reply by e-mail to this post; I shall
    summarize to the mailing list. (I will also watch the list for any
    discussions on this topic.)

    Thanks in advance,
    William H. Hsu

     William H. Hsu, Ph.D.
     Assistant Professor of CIS, Kansas State University
     Director, Lab for Knowledge Discovery in Databases
     bhsu@cis.ksu.edu, bhsu@ncsa.uiuc.edu
     http://www.kddresearch.org ICQ: 28651394