Re: [UAI] Generating Bayes nets randomly

From: Haipeng Guo (hpguo@cis.ksu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 13:20:52 PDT

    Hello, there -

     This is a very interesting problem. But I think you don't really want to
    have a BBN generator which can generate networks really "randomly" because
    the space of DAGs is infinite and it's impossible(and useless) to deal
    with networks with extreme parameters. In real world applications we only
    deal with "nomal" networks. The space of "real world" networks is just a
    small subset of all networks. So instead of making a random BBN generator,
    I suggest making a "real world" network generator. You can try to collect
    all kinds of BBNs you can get, and sample from these real world BBN
    samples in a random way. Thus you will get a random "real world" network
    generator. It dosen't sample the space of the DAGs uniformly. Instead it
    samples the space of "real world DAGs" uniformly.

    cheers,
    - -hpguo