[UAI] open source Bayesian networks convertor (in Java) available

From: Haipeng Guo (hpguo@cis.ksu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 21:02:27 PST

    Dear all,

     This is to announce that an open source Bayesian network convertor (in
    Java) is available at the following link,
    http://www.kddresearch.org/KDD/Groups/Probabilistic-Reasoning/convertor.html

     You can use it to load BBN in 8 different file formats(.bif, .xml, .net,
    .xbn, .dsc, .dsl, .dnet, .ENT), edit the network, and save it as .bif,
    .xml or .net fotmats. Currently It works for Bayesian networks only. That
    means it DOESN'T support influence diagrams(also known as decision
    networks).

     It's distributed under GPL(GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE). Please be aware
    that it's an experimental tool and we haven't tested it very well. I would
    appreciate if you could send any bug reports or fixes to me at
    hpguo@cis.ksu.edu

     Thank you very much!

    cheers,