[UAI] Bayesian networks for simulation

From: Jeferson Valadares (jeff@jynx.com.br)
Date: Mon Jun 03 2002 - 09:16:29 PDT

    hello all,

    in my work i use Bayesian networks to simulate the outcome of some events
    based on prior events. By simulate i mean i find out the probabilities of
    the outcomes based on the inputs and then choose randomly one of those
    outputs. I submitted this to UAI, and got in my review the comment that
    Bayesian network troubleshooting/diagnosis systems could be used
    predictively by injecting boundary conditions and randomly generating
    outputs, and that Monte Carlo diagnostic methods use simulation to achieve
    abduction. Can anyone point me to some reference on these specific points?

    thanks in advance for your time and attention.

    -Jeff

    --
    Jeferson Valadares
    Cofounder & Creative Director/Jynx Playware