[UAI] Graphical representation of CPTs in belief nets

From: Rachel Cunningham (rachelc@cra.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 07:28:47 PST

    Hello all,

    I work for a company that's trying to put together a useful and
    user-friendly (!) belief net application. This involves representing a great
    deal of probabilistic information--a priori probabilities of nodes, actual
    (current) probabilities of nodes, and conditional probability tables (CPTs)
    representing relationships between nodes. There is also data entry
    associated with all these values.

    Our research shows that the best existing applications use histograms to
    show most of these things when it's easy, but that none have a friendly
    interface for the entering or viewing of CPTs. Does anyone know of other
    work that is being done on this problem? Any resources for graphical entry
    of uncertain data in general? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Rachel Cunningham

    Rachel Cunningham (617) 491-3474 x519
    Scientist rachelc@cra.com