[UAI] double blind reviewing

From: Henry Kyburg (kyburg@redsuspenders.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 09:43:54 PST

    As long as we seem to be voting... I think "double blind" reviewing is both
    a pain, and also a bit of a fraud. I think it more useful to put one's
    efforts into the substance of one's papers (instead of concealing one's
    identity) and for reviewers to put their efforts into making constructive
    and useful comments. No doubt there are occasions on which personalities
    intrude. But my feeling is that that's pretty rare.

    Henry