HIGH SCHOOL OUTREACH
REU & SENIOR DESIGN
PRESS & LINKS
Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) Chambers
1) Installed Fall 2013: Picosun SUNALE R-200 200mm Plasma Enhanced ALD system. The R-200 system is load locked, can handle 200 mm wafers, and is equipped to handle four source lines (including two low vapor pressure) and three plasma gasses.
2) Installed Fall 2010: Arradiance Gemstar (see press release); 150mm ALD reactor with 3D substrate capability, in-situ quartz crystal microbalance, and 5 precursor source lines (1 gas; 2 vapour draw for liquids; and 2 low vapor pressure sources, heated up to 120C, one with N2 boost)
3) Installed August 2008: Picosun SUNALE R-150B; 150mm ALD reactor, 50-500C, with 2 Picosolid Boosters sources (up to 150C) and 3 Picosolution precursor sources (Peltier cooled).
Nanowire Growth Systems
1) Owen System: Two zone vacuum furnace with MFC gas flow control of N2 and O2, separate tubes for carbonization of photoresist and parylene CVD
2) Kelley System: Two zone atmospheric furnace with MFC gas flow control of N2 and O2
Four fully equipped probestations with standard Agilent I-V and C-V characterazation equipment; hot chuck; cryo-probe available.
BlueSpin low field electrically detected magnetic resonance (EDMR) for spin dependent tunneling (SDT) and spin dependent recombination (SDR).
Internal photoemission (IPE) spectroscopy for measuring internal energy barrier heights at metal/insulator, metal/semiconductor, and insulator/semiconductor interfaces.
Standard sputtering deposition, evaporation, etch, clean, lithography, anneal, etc. available in co-located OSU cleanroom.
Ellipsometry, profilometry, glovebox, Kelvin probe
Spectroscopic ellipsometry, atomic force microscopy (AFM), x-ray diffraction (XRD), x-ray reflectivity (XRR), x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) are available in shared use facilities on campus.
OSU Electron Microscopy Facility: Transmission electron microscopy (TEM), scanning electron microscopy (SEM),
John F. Conley, Jr.: jconley@ eecs.oregonstate.edu, ph (541)737-9874, 3089 Kelley Engineering Center