Traffic Flow Theory Monographs
- Revised Traffic Flow Theory Monograph, 2001: [TRB/FHWA version]
- Purchase Paperback Version (About $15 + shipping)
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction (Gartner, Messer, Rathi)
- Chapter 2 (revised): Traffic Stream Characteristics (Hall) [original]
- Chapter 3: Human Factors (Koppa)
- Chapter 4: Car Following Models (Rothery)
- Chapter 5 (revised): Continuum Models (Kühne, Michalopolous, Zhang) [original]
- Chapter 6: Macroscopic Flow Models (Williams)
- Chapter 7: Traffic Impact Models (Ardekani, Hauer, Jamei)
- Chapter 8: Unsignalized Intersection Theory (Troutbeck, Brilon)
- Chapter 9: Traffic Flow at Signalized Intersections (Rouphail, Tarko, Li)
- Chapter 10: Traffic Simulation (Lieberman, Rathi)
- Chapter 11: Kinetic Theories (Nelson)
- Traffic Flow Theory: A Monograph, Transportation Research Board Special Report 165, 1975
- An Introduction to Traffic Flow Theory, Highway Research Board Special Report 79, 1964
- Highway Capacity Manual, Highway Research Board, Committee on Highway Capacity, 1950.
- Highway Capacity Manual, Highway Research Board, Special Report 87, 1965.
Committee Related Documents
|Historic Publications: Since 1963 the Committee on Traffic Flow Theory and Characteristics (and its predecessor committees) have contributed 497 papers to 57 issues of the Transportation Research Record (previously the Highway Research Record). Please take a look at this record over the past 49 years by following the links. Thanks to Ethan Xuan of U.C. Berkeley for this effort. We invite your comments on these papers—how have they influenced research or practice?
Repository of Past Publications
Past ISTTT Papers